Delightful Reveal #15
A weekly update on all things Flagrant
Our mission is to bring people together and provide value to our clients and communities.
We embrace & invest in communities that share our values, and use technology to improve the lives of those around us.
We seek out partners who are similarly inspired to impact the world in positive ways.
What we did:
- Met with a partner to generate a combined staffing plan through August of this year.
- Wrapped up discovery, co-created a delivery timeline and a findings presentation.
- Ran three usability tests with users; created, reviewed and triaged a rolling issues board.
- Began drafting a plan for our next discovery effort.
- Socialized the idea of creating usability metrics.
- Held a pre-board meeting, and began to visualize a structure for how this all might fit together.
- Reviewed our responsibilities mural.
- Went to Costco.
- Made a Training Tracker price calculator.
- Began working on fleshing out Flagrant company goals.
- Started researching current marketing design trends and building out a homepage for Numero.
- Created prototypes to determine the best choice for cards that have many states to select and change.
What we’re reading:
- The Flagrant Handbook
- The vanishing designer by Chuanqi Sun (DOC)
- Project Management for User Research: The Plan by Susan Farrell (NNGroup)
- The Black Experience in Design: Identity, Expression & Reflection by Anne H. Berry, Kareem Collie, Penina Acayo Laker, Lesley-Ann Noel, Jennifer Rittner, Kelly Walters (StoryGraph)
- Upgrade your cargo cult for the win (Meta-rationality)
What we’re watching:
- Reginald the Vampire
- Bulbous Bouffant
- Ted Lasso
- Shadow and Bone
- The Mandalorian
- The Witch Trials of J.K. Rowling by ContraPoints
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- The new season of Barry
What we’re listening to:
- The Underwater Song In Super Mario 64
- Charlotte Cornfield - Cut and Dry (Official Video)
- Sidedoor — Don’t Call Me Extinct
- Sidedoor - The Phantom Violins
- 99 Percent Invisible - De Fiets is Niets, which covers some of the history of why the Netherlands has such good bike infrastructure
- Bermuda Triangle Live
- 99 Percent Invisible - A Whale-Oiled Machine about the necessity of lubrication and a history of whaling for blubber
- Feather River Canyon Blues - Pigeon Pit
What we’re interested in:
- Prolog By Example
- Food Disgust Test
- TIL that Hashrocket has an open-source Today I Learned catalogue
What we’re struggling with:
- What to read next (cf. celebration)
- Endless sub-issues
- Cross-team Google documents
- Lingering winter
- The chicken/egg problem: missing copy for a site, but driving the needs and spacing of copy for a site
What we’re buying:
- Toddler-proof dog water bowl
- Chocolate cake
- Self-adhesive power strip holder
- Matcha/Mushroom drink powder: Ryze
- A new Crash Pad!
- Salted licorice and Icelandic candy
- My first snack subscription box: Sakuraco 🌸