Delightful Reveal #35
A weekly update on all things Flagrant
“I’m just going to put my computer in a ring of salt so the AI can’t get it.”
What we did:
- Replaced a third party input mask with a custom currency input component wrapped with dollar-sign icons.
- Connected with our product stakeholder to learn more about their administrative needs in our product.
- Reviewed/sync’d on our plan of attack this epicycle, and reminded ourselves of the need for a roadmap.
- Put the finishing touches on the slides and mural for a multi-product-team workshop focused on concept modeling.
- Identified known research questions and design hypotheses.
- Planned and held three user research sessions, updated our prototype. Drafted acceptance criteria.
- Learned to love the bomb — I mean, Slack’s new design.
- Held a knowledge transfer meeting to learn more about a new user group.
- Created Ruby stickers for Ruby Central.
- Worked on some monster illustrations.
- Continued to work on Madison+ Ruby 2024 website.
- Started concepting for Flagrant laptop stickers.
- Researched coffee bag suppliers and pricing.
- Reset a production database with freshly imported data.
What we’re reading:
- The Bone Shard Daughter
- 100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People by Susan M Weinschenk (FYI she’s from Wisconsin)
- Dead-end Memories by Banana Yoshimoto
- Finished Distributed Blackness: African American Cybercultures by André Brock, Jr.
- Started The Color of Law: A Forgotten History of How Our Government Segregated America By Richard Rothstein
- ”On Craft” by Dr. Cat Hicks
- “Do digital products have information architecture?” by Dan Brown
- ‘Privacy Nightmare on Wheels’: Every Car Brand Reviewed By Mozilla — Including Ford, Volkswagen and Toyota
- On creating fearlessly - Musician Lucy Liyou discusses remaining authentic in your creative process, trusting your intuition, and finding the joy in working through an intentional vision.
What we’re watching:
- Game Changer
- Glow Up S4
- Um, Actually
- Star Trek Strange New Worlds (S2)
- Star Trek Lower Decks (S4)
- Ladies First: A Story of Women in Hip-Hop
- Art in the Pre-Apocalypse
What we’re listening to:
- Margaret Glaspy - Act Natural (Official Video)
- Castles in the Air by Don McLean
- Limbo by Keshi
- Gary Wright - DreamWeaver Official Video - YouTube
What we’re interested in:
- Whether to multiclass dip my Gloomstalker Ranger into a few levels of Rogue (and if so, Assassin vs. Scout)
- Mimochai’s art
- Finding a place to start doing ceramics
What we’re struggling with:
- Too many things to do before traveling abroad.
- Housing affordability.
- Making cold brew.
- Dry weather.
What we’re buying:
- Earbuds for go-to-sleep podcasts.
- New water pipes!
- A new jute rug for the bedroom.
- Lego sets: Tranquil Garden and A-Frame Cabin.
What we’re celebrating:
- Water pressure!
- Sweater weather.
- Rainy weather.
- Trips to the library.
If you’re looking for a team to help you discover the right thing to build and help you build it, get in touch.