Delightful Reveal #26
A weekly update on all things Flagrant
“Sorry I brought up airhorns again.”
What we did:
- Finished analysis of last sprint’s user research, and exported short video highlights to share/discuss. Triaged usability errors and suggestions, and wireframed concepts based on findings.
- Prepared for end-to-end/summative usability testing; migrated templates/data to our prototype for use in testing.
- Added sorting to table columns with the help of ViewComponents.
- Worked on expanding designs for website page across formats.
- Made adding a primary contact a requirement when creating a location.
- Coordinating with non-Wisconsin employees to physically in-hand review of I9 documents due to COVID-19 exceptions expiring.
- Started thinking about our target audience on social media.
- Made presentation slides for selling the clients software product.
- Continued to work on the marketing homepage.
- Gave feedback on multiple internal efforts on our website and social media.
- Got on a soapbox about how design and art is undervalued and misunderstood.
- Finalized some logotypes and logomarks for a suite of client products.
- Added hyperlinks and colored cells to excel reports generated by client application.
What we’re reading:
- Mother Earth Mother Board, Neal Stephenson writing for WIRED
- Qualitative Literacy: A Guide to Evaluating Ethnographic and Interview Research by Mario Luis Small, Jessica McCrory Calarco
- The Martian - Andy Weir
- More Than Enough by Elaine Welteroth
- Companies We Keep (Amazon)
- Google Says It’ll Scrape Everything You Post Online for AI
What we’re watching:
- Is It Cake Too?
- Phoenix Wright - Objection!
- Muscles & Mayhem: An Unauthorized Story of American Gladiators
- Vesper - Official Trailer – IFC Films
- THE CARD COUNTER
- The King
- Jujutsu Kaisen (re-watch of S1)
- I Think You Should Leave, S2
- Strange New Worlds S2
- Indiana Jones: Dial of Destiny. IMHO I think if we were to rank all of the movies it would go: Tied: 1/2 Ark & Crusade, 3. Dial of Destiny, 4.Temple of Doom, 5.Crystal Skull
What we’re listening to:
- Articles of Interest: Fashion without capitalism
- Madison Cunningham
- The Young Victoria
- Tiny Desk featuring some New Orleans greats: Juvenile: Tiny Desk Concert
- We Need A SPIRITUAL REVOLUTION – Rainn Wilson x Rich Roll Podcast
- Come Home O’Shawn - Part 2 by (((o))) (Youtube)
- The Retrievals +1
What we’re interested in:
- Learning about the world of coding so that I can write better case studies.
- Multi-classing paladins
What we’re struggling with:
- Finding the best music for an intro
- How to differentiate/filter the methods section of the website
- My skin and hair acting up because of the heat (summer is not my prime season)
- the world is so hot right now
What we’re buying:
- Travel and lodging to New Jersey and Montreal
- Skinfix Eczema+ Hand Repair Cream
- Portable charger/SIM card
- A new keyboard (because the Apple keyboard is crap)
- A Japanese waffle-weave bath towel
- Hotel/attraction tickets for a weekend in Wisconsin Dells
- A lamp, and a new laptop
- A new router
What we’re celebrating:
- A friend receiving his doctorate
- 22nd wedding anniversary!
- A long-overdue haircut +1
- Seeing my friend from another state for her birthday
- Being brave enough to use the barbells at the gym, instead of the staying in my comfort zone at the Smith Machine
- A visit to the aquarium + insectarium
- Lots of new work fresh from the kiln!
- Starting a new semester teaching + meeting excited students
- An awesome experience at FBLA Nationals
- Having woodworker friends to do lil projects
- Roommate’s first birthday
- A clean garage
If you’re looking for a team to help you discover the right thing to build and help you build it, get in touch.