Delightful Reveal 7
A weekly update on all things Flagrant
me: why isn’t the logger working?
g: it’s nighttime.
g: it’s a logger.
g: it’s a logger. a lumberjack.
g: it sleeps all night and it works all day.
me: OH MY GOD.
What we did:
- Met with John Samuelson from Earthling Interactive in Madison
- Met with Garrett Peterson from Yahara Software in Madison
- Got stuck in Madison due to weather
- Met with our client to discuss taking on an additional project
- Spent some time pairing on how to slim down Docker images overly bloated with unneeded binaries
- Participated on the Madison College Board to make curriculum changes to the web design program so that they can teach their new students current needs in UX/UI/Human Factor and tooling.
- Iterating on how to create subfilters to represent a sales flow / engagement flow so that users can accurately message subsets of people.
- Wrote a RailsConf talk proposal
Designing a stained glass window to collaboration with my(Kelly’s) mom
- Then coming up with her business name so she can go legit
What we’re reading:
- Cage of Souls by Adrian Tchaikovsky (StoryGraph)
- The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin (StoryGraph)
- Death’s End by CiXin Liu (StoryGraph)
- Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man by Emmanuel Acho (StoryGraph)
What we’re watching:
- BattleBots 2019 season (no spoilers)
- Dynamic Select Fields in Rails using Hotwire
- Only Murders in the Building
- Picard S3
- Man vs. history
- Rewatching the Mandalorian Season 2 to prepare for the new season next week (March 1, 2023)
What we’re listening to:
- Noir by Yelle (Spotify)
- Songs from the Big Chair by Brothertiger (Tears for Fears covers)
- The Bing Who Loved Me (NYTimes)
- Gloria by Sam Smith (Spotify)
Sharing all of our foreign music choices for maximum concentration
- Fela Kuti
- Epik High
- Gamelan Orchestra
- Os Mutantes (Spotify)
- One Year: 1942 - The Day the Music Stopped (Slate podcasts)
What we’re interested in:
- Watching Yossef try to write bulleted list items in a Google Doc
- Heads down in the creative flow
- Exhaustive list of hobbies
- Crushing red dots in Slack like they’re bubble wrap
What we’re struggling with:
- 14” of snow with 18” more forecast over the weekend.
- Chewing bubble gum and walking at the same time
- Layers of ice
- Naming things - Businesses, css classes, MICROCOPY for clients
- Words in general
- Solving story supply chain bottlenecks
What we’re buying:
What we’re celebrating:
- Throwing rice at bean royalty by our own SPF covered koi fish. Happy Lundi Gras!
- Getting new glasses, and this time I’ll definitely clean them well and not scratch them up
- First brown thrasher song of the year (must be heard in the wild for full experience)
If you’re looking for a team to help you discover the right thing to build and help you build it, get in touch.