Delightful Reveal #34
A weekly update on all things Flagrant
“It’s very casual and very close to the ground.”
What we did:
- Worked with our client to get a data export to feed the latest information into our new system
- Got a new production environment set up to host an application we’ve been developing
- Prepared and delivered a more-conversational training for early adopters. Relatedly, added a feedback form to the product.
- Designed a clickable prototype that improves the workflow and efficiency of adding expenses to a quote so we can test the concept and see how it performs with users. Identified research questions and hypotheses for concept testing. Drafted discussion guide and scheduled four participants.
- Prepared for a workshop to reveal interconnections between our client’s many products. Drafted and redrafted concept models. So many models. Updated slides and Murals, and hand-picked breakout room participants.
- Hosted the first local Madison Ruby on Rails Meetup in over 3 years for Mad-Railers.
- Held a retrospective with our client to gather feedback from our product launch.
- Attended the Madison Women in Tech: Women and Non-binary folks Job Fair
- Designed an emails report page to show the user the emails health, engagement and amount raised using various charts and tables.
- Designing a email send receipt to inform the user the cost of an email broadcast
- Illustrated some halloween characters
- Drew, colored and animated bugs
- Continued designing website landing page for Madison+ Ruby 2024
- Worked on completing the Figma course I’m taking.
- Attended Dan Mall’s “Your Next Component” talk (watch a previous time he gave it here). +1
- Watched one of Sophia Prater’s talks on Object Oriented UX, “Four UX Fails You Don’t Know You Are Making”
What we’re reading:
- Self Representation in Upper Paleolithic Female Figurines by LeRoy Mcdermott
- ‘Life or Death:’ AI-Generated Mushroom Foraging Books Are All Over Amazon
- Sci-fi writer Ted Chiang: ‘The machines we have now are not conscious’
- The Fifth Agreement
- All the Daughters of the Earth, Sijo Poems by Kim Ilyeon
- The Kaiju Preservation Society by John Scalzi
- Europe is cracking down on Big Tech. This is what will change when you sign on
- Woman-Owned Software Startup Launches Campaign to Keep Feet Cozy While Protecting Elephants
- The Color of Law: A Forgotten History of How Our Government Segregated America by Richard Rothstein
- Rest is Resistance by Tricia Hersey
What we’re watching:
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
- Adventure Time: Fionna and Cake
- Jeepers Creepers: Reborn (it’s terrible, don’t watch it)
- Heartstopper Season 2
What we’re listening to:
- NCT U ‘Alley Oop’ Archiving Video (Also the whole NCT 2023 album)
- Hozier - Unknown / Nth (Official Lyric Video)
- Glory by Yuna
- Purple Disco Machine DJ sets
- Interviews by The Diary of a CEO
What we’re interested in:
- Things to do in Costa Rica
- Baldur’s Gate 3 on the Steam Deck
- The Goose Lake Watershed District Annual Meeting that is being held tomorrow.
- Jefferson Speedway - Tournament of Destruction happening this weekend (+1)
- Going to a University of Wisconsin Badgers football game
What we’re struggling with:
- The Chartreuse Shortage (Specifically Yellow Chartreuse)
- The alley is being torn up and re-surfaced so we made a deal with the city to tear up part of our yard to put in new asphalt. But, after they dug up our yard, they said they aren’t going to fill it with asphalt. So we need to figure out how to get that covered
- The housing market, still +1000
- Busy schedule, little amount of spoons
- Sleep +1
- vaccination-related soreness
- Coordinating 8 adults for a trip and building a cohesive and fun fun itinerary
What we’re buying:
- Duvet cover
- School supplies
- Travel supplies for a week in Costa Rica. Butt wipes, binoculars, mosquito repellent, dry bags etc
- Hiring a plumber to put in new water pipes
- Cabinet filler
What we’re celebrating:
- Sweater weather the last couple of days +1
- Going to Cow Chip Fest with friends this weekend
- Going climbing with friends!
- It’s a boy! (Learned our baby’s sex)
- Booked a relatively impromptu trip to San Francisco
- Weathering Hurricane Idalia
- Being at home for a couple of weekends in a row
- Launch of the Nashville DataTune Conference landing page with our logo work 🥳
- Having a new potter join my pottery studio!
If you’re looking for a team to help you discover the right thing to build and help you build it, get in touch.