Delightful Reveal #39
A weekly update on all things Flagrant
“What have I told you about listening to inanimate objects?!”
What we did:
- Started to socialize a presentation for a team-wide management retro.
- Held a two-day on-site with a client in Madison, WI.
- Prioritized ambitious user stories (epics) for on-site discussion.
- Reviewed and shortlisted prior user research to use during our on-site.
- Collaboratively mapped, sketched, and storyboarded two user interfaces.
- Began to increase the fidelity of our on-site sketches using Balsamiq Mockups.
- Prepared for another product strategy workshop to discuss design fiction.
- Discussed remaining open questions and planned for research with a new user group.
- Began defining user stories and user flows for a new user group.
- Concepting and Wireframing the Madison+ Ruby website.
- Put together Flagrant Post Card and Sticker packets for the team.
- Kicked off an engagement with Metis Communications.
- Scheduled annual Respectful Workplace Training for November.
- Added pagination to all list results across a client app.
- Designing pricing sheets for the addition of a new feature in a client’s CRM.
- Discussed another run of our TQLGB+ stickers, pins, and bandanas for sale.
- Attended Rocky Mountain Ruby.
What we’re reading:
- Weird A.I. Yankovic, a cursed deep dive into the world of voice cloning by Andy Baio
- Subscribing to the blogs of people I follow on Mastodon by Ben Werdmuller
- Ring of Steel: Germany and Austria-Hungary in World War I by Alexander Watson
- One King’s Way, by Harry Harrison
What we’re watching:
- Our Flag Means Death S2
- Pluralistic: Google’s enshittification memos (03 Oct 2023)
- Sex Education S4
- Call the Midwife
- Rewatching Ted Lasso
- Be Kind Rewind
- BattleBots Champions II
What we’re listening to:
- Divide by ODESZA (feat. Kelsey Bulkin)
- Mapache - People Please (Official Video)
- Decoder Ring: A Brief History of Making Out
- Decoder Ring: The Great Parmesan Cheese Debate
- Hardcore History 69 – Twilight of the Æsir
What we’re interested in:
- SM Entertainment’s metaverse company ‘Studio KWANGYA” (HelloKPop).
- What is Michel Gondry doing these days?
- Relearning front-end development via Tailwind, Hotwire, and Bridgetown.
What we’re struggling with:
- Charlists in Elixir (and how they’re the standard way of showing lists of integers in a certain range).
- Google Docs not turning highlighted text into a link when you paste a URL
- Recalcitrant home sellers.
- Recovering from jet lag.
- Migrating a database on fly.io owned by a user to one owned by an organization.
- Not making standby on a full flight; waiting at the airport for 8 hours until next flight.
What we’re buying:
- More Flagrant Stickers
- More Training Tracker Stickers
- Training Tracker t-shirts
- A splitting ax
- Rug pads to prevent old dogs from slipping on rugs
What we’re celebrating:
- Chris & Max’s 1 year workiversaries! 🥳
- Throwing a few more pots on my second day at pottery 101 class. First night I only made 1 to keep.
- A good friend getting into a Graffiti and Street Art Exhibition
Going to the Renaissance Festival this weekend
If you’re looking for a team to help you discover the right thing to build and help you build it, get in touch.