Delightful Reveal #32
A weekly update on all things Flagrant
From preparing for a product launch, addressing usability issues, and aligning product teams to battling doggie allergies, vibing to Kai’s 1st mini album, and celebrating personal victories, read on to see how we’re embracing the journey and keeping the innovation going!
What we did:
- Controlled Andrew’s Siri through Zoom
- Code freeze in preparation for a product launch in front of a conference of potential clients!
- Wireframed a potential solution to a persistent usability problem that would introduce a new concept into an already conceptually rich user interface. Created a concept model to illustrate where/how this new concept would work in relation to existing concepts.
- Sent off Flagrant postcards for printing
- Agreed goals and outlined an agenda for a product ecosystem workshop to align work across several product teams.
- Finalized a problem statement for a forthcoming epicycle focused on customer adoption. Met to discuss and triage feedback from our primary customer. Co-created a plan of attack for the next few cycles. Differentiated between user needs, user requirements (that we’ve already met) and potential user requirements.
- Scheduled and prepared a presentation + Mural for a team agreements meeting.
- Prepared a Mural for and held an epicycle retrospective.
- Began drafting a presentation for a Flagrant Management Retrospective
- Held internal meetings across projects to align and strategize for our next phase of work.
- Set up feedback and reflection mechanisms to gather user feedback
- Schedule interview time with CPRTV (Chicago Philippine Reports TV)
- Worked on sock designs
- Calls with a half-dozen people that are looking for work
- Talked to a possible development partner for a current client
- Met with a potential marketing strategist partner
- Final pass on a homepage design before handoff
What we’re reading:
- The Homing Instinct - Bernd Heinrich
- The Revenge of the Real: Politics for the Post-Pandemic World
- Naming Things: The Hardest Problem in Software Engineering by Tom Benner
What we’re watching:
- Pride & Prejudice
- The Lincoln Lawyer the series and movie
- Good Omens (Season 2)
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Taskmaster Season 15
- Smartless on the Road
- Abbott Elementary
- Justified: City Primeval
- Norma Rae (1979)
- What We Do In The Shadows S5
What we’re listening to:
- Kai - The 1st Mini Album
- Winter World
- 99% Invisible: Trail Mix and Trail Mix 2 about what a trail is, conceptually
- Broken Melodies by NCT Dream
- World Music Radio by Jon Batiste
- Carpenter Brut - You’re mine (from Furi original soundtrack)
What we’re interested in:
- The optimal Pact of the Chain warlock familiar (Imp)
- Cytopoint - Injections to relieve the symptoms of allergies in dogs
- Apoquel - Pills to relieve the symptoms of allergies in dogs
What we’re struggling with:
- Moldy bread (but NOT moldy cheese)
- Leaving son at college
- Ramping back up after a week’s vacation
- Getting sick
- Finn has allergies and can’t stop scratching and licking. He has been keeping me up all night as a result
- Fruit fly infestation
- Fly infestation
- Having 7 hours after first seeing it to decide whether I want to put an offer in on a home that costs over a million dollars… this market is ridiculous
What we’re buying:
- New cabinet lazy susan doo-dad
- Anti-itch medication for dog who has allergies
- New sketchbook and more pens
- New thumb braces
- Long sleeve hiking tops
- First-aid kit
- Floor pillows + a nice linen and silk throw
- Propel Powder Packets. Watermelon With Electrolytes, Vitamins and No Sugar, 10 Count (Pack of 12) - Packaging May Vary
What we’re celebrating:
- Our clients appreciate us: “The team is ready to go!! Appreciate everyone’s hard work to get us ready.”
- Taking son to college
- The wealth of museums in Washington D.C.
- The teams that made it to the Fifa Women’s World Cup final have never won a World Cup before
- Pretty weather
- A long distance best friend is staying over for a week!
If you’re looking for a team to help you discover the right thing to build and help you build it, get in touch.